Instagram is the third most utilised social media app in the world. Around the world, thousands of celebrities are using this platform to share their pictures, and you can see a blue tick mark beside their username indicating that it was a verified official account. However, users might get bored if someone shares the posts most often. In those situations, you can mute their profile to stop viewing their posts. The next section will show the necessary steps to mute someone on Instagram.
Something happens when you mute someone on Instagram?
Their posts and stories will not show up in your timeline and stories feed until you unmute their profile. It’s like escaping from a conversation without making sense.
Mute Someone on Instagram Without Unfollowing Them
There are two different methods to mute a person on Instagram.
- From profile page.
- From the timeline
From Profile Page
1. Start the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Go to the profile page of the person you want to mute.
3. Press the following button as shown in the image below.
4. Choose the mute option.
5. Turn off what you want to mute (posts and stories).
6. Now, you have successfully muted the respective person on Instagram.
1. Start the Instagram app and scroll the news feed.
2. While scrolling the news feed, tap on the three-dot icon located on the right corner of the post you want to mute.
3. In the popup, press the Mute option.
4. In the second popup, choose what you want to mute, either Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story.
5. This is the most straightforward method to be mute anyone instantly on Instagram.
You can mute a person on Instagram only on smartphones mobile. There is no method to mute the people on the desktop. Thus muting someone on Instagram may be the best choice instead of blocking them. If you block someone on Instagram, you can not even see their profile even in Instagram search results.