Delete Messenger Archived Messages: Facebook Messenger is a messaging app that Facebook users can use. You can chat with your friends using the Messenger app. The message archive is one of its many purposes. Private Facebook Messenger messages that don’t need to be in the inbox can be archived. When you archive a message, it is transferred from your inbox to the archive folder. You can look at archived messages later and even unarchive them if you want to. You can delete archived messages on Messenger if you wish to empty your archive folder. If you seek a manual to assist you with the process, follow the steps on this page.
How Can I Quickly Delete Messenger Archived Messages?
Because Messenger is accessible on mobile and PC, you can quickly delete archived messages regardless of your device. The steps to delete archived messages on Messenger for Android and iOS are listed below.
Using a mobile device
If you wish to delete the archived messages on Messenger on your mobile device, follow the steps below.
- If you still need to do so, log into your account using the Messenger app on your mobile device.
- After tapping the hamburger menu icon in the top-left corner, tap Archive.
- Tap and hold the Archive chat that you wish to delete, then tap Delete. Tap Delete again to verify the deletion of the archived Messenger messages.
Delete Archived Messages Messenger On Your Computer
To delete archived messages from Messenger on your computer, follow the steps below.
- Use your web browser to go to the Messenger website.
- You’ll be asked to log into your Facebook account here. Enter your account information, then click the Login button. If you had already created an account on that browser, you would be asked to use the same account on Messenger.
- From the sidebar on the left, choose the Archived option.
- Next to the chat you wish to delete, click the three ellipses, then click Delete Chat.
- You can confirm deleting the chat by selecting the Delete Chat option.
Archive Messages: What Are They?
You can archive messages in Messenger that you want to keep private. Messages that have been archived will be moved to the archived folder and will no longer appear in the inbox.
Can Archived Messages On Messenger Be Deleted?
- Yes, Messenger does offer the option to delete archived messages. To delete archive messages, you can follow the steps we listed above.
- Delete archived messages by going to Messenger Archive. Tap and hold the chat you wish to delete, then tap the Delete button, to permanently delete it.
Delete archived messages on Messenger using this simple method. If you want to delete chats in the archive folder of the Facebook Messenger app, follow the steps in this article.